«Awareness about the role of local governments in development cooperation is gradually increasing, although much remains to be done to inform donors, national partner governments and other development stakeholders on how local governments can contribute to aid effectiveness. Based on local governments´ engagement in a series of multi-stakeholder dialogues on aid effectiveness, several issues have emerged that are of particular interest and which will guide future discussions with the international community. This paper develops the following items:
- The policy context: an emerging consensus on Aid Effectiveness.
- Reviewing the progress of the Paris Declaration.
- Local Governments as Development Actors.
- Principles of Aid Effectiveness: A Local Government Perspective.
- Conclusions: Localizing the Aid Effectiveness Agenda.»